There's something about rugby. I don't know what it is. If you've ever seen rugby, you must wonder why anyone would ever want to do such a thing. No padding, all out tackling, and the end result is a tired body with lots of bruises (and occasionally broken bones).
But if you've ever played rugby, you probably loved it! I know I did, and while I miss it at times, I'm glad I now sit on the sidelines as a spectator.

My sister's the one who got me into it. She's a great player, and an even better referee! This weekend we went down to Newport, RI and watched quite a few rugby games. I'll also ran in to a lot of old friends which was interesting. They are great people, but so much has changed in my life that I'm nothing like the person I was when I used to play. Also, I was a completely different rugger after I moved to California so basically it's been 6 years since I was the person they used to know.
Overall, it was such a nice weekend to spend with sister and I love the way Katarina's face lights up when she sees her Auntie O and goes running across the rugby field after her... I think I have a future rugger on my hands! YIPPEE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment