I look back to old posts, before this one, and I laugh.
I recently read a blog post by my friend and it was so true. There's this huge blogging community of amazing people, but their lives are... well, too perfect. It's great that they are able to post about the wonderful things in life, the fun activities with their kids, etc, but I just don't think the many of my friends function in this manner. As wonderful as my life is, it's incredibly chaotic too.
You see, there's this HUGE risk with blogging too. This blog, it's public. Anyone can find it with a quick Google search. Think about it... that's scary. These pictures I post? There's a reason I put my name on them - to prevent stealing. Most people that visit don't go to the upper left hand corner and "like" my Facebook page (but you should!)
There's also a reason I don't do reviews, giveaways, or have ads. I could I guess, but I just don't want to feel obligated to post but rather post because I have thoughts I want to share.
So... Why am I blogging? Because people contact me regularly to say that they shared a similar experience. That they feel the same way about a topic. Because they are a single mom and have questions, frustrations, and are scared. Because I feel like I'm helping someone, somewhere. If one person reads anything I put on here and they feel better, have gained direction, or simply got a good laugh, I become so incredibly happy.
Thank you to the many people who have messaged me over the year or so... I hope I continue to help you as I continue down this crazy road called motherhood. It may not all be roses and butterflies, but it's never a dull day!







It IS scary. That's why I don't put pictures of my kids on my blog. Ok, well the occasional side view, but I never put their faces out there like that. I remember the story of a lady in Abington (MA)a few years ago whose kids pictures were stolen off her website and someone used them on a false adoption site saying her kids were up for adoption. EEEEK.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I feel the same way... a lot of people blog or Facebook about perfect lives that I highly doubt are truly perfect. We are all human and we all have bad days and good days. I recently started an anonymous blog for just that reason... to have a place where I can be real.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I am always in awe of your strength to keep pushing ahead. Having children is wonderful but it is crazy tiring. Sometimes in the middle of the night when my toddler is screaming for me and all I want to do is sleep, I nudge my husband and tell him it is his turn. But it is ALWAYS your turn - and for being there for her every time you will always have all my respect and admiration.
Thank you so much for your kind words! Good luck with your blog and hopefully I'll be able to read about your adventures in motherhood. Thank you again!
Delete