Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weight Loss: Week 1

If you want to know the history of my weight loss adventures please check here and here, and learn about my shopping adventures this week here.

To anyone that said losing weight is easy, you're NUTS!  I forgot how horrible week 1 is of weight loss.  And then you get going and a few weeks in you gain and then you get discouraged and then you quit.  But I'm getting a little ahead of myself.  And I'm not going to quit.

So far, so good!  As I packed my lunch (salad, red bell peppers, cucumbers, strawberries) I decided to google "calories in strawberries."  It brought me to a link for Calorie Count.  Wow, it's a great site!  Each day I log in what I'm eating and it tells me how many calories I've consumed (and lots of other stuff like if I've taken in too much sodium or not enough iron).  It's a great website if you are really looking to track what you are putting in to your body - but not for the person who doesn't want to be diligent about logging their meals.  I even downloaded their free app and so far, even though only day 2 has been completed, I'm keeping on track!

Another benefit is that I've asked a friend at work to come get me when she's headed to lunch.  The purpose of this is that she's going to make sure I'm headed to the gym.  Success!  I've gone the last two days!  And, I'm sore.  Either way, at least I'm doing it so far.  Of course, the scale will tell me how I'm really doing in about a week, but this is a process and I must be patient... patience is tough for me... really tough... ok, I can do this!

Thanks everyone for your support... bathing suit, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. :-D Keep up the good work! And remember that the my support will be here all day everyday so just let me know if there is anything else I can do to help! If you don't go tomorrow, I'll take you to the farm stand Thursday! It's truly amazing! We just need to keep up the work and it will show in the end ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week one is always the hardest!! Hang in there you'll be happy when you see the weight loss at the end of the week! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments