I hate unfounded untrue rumors. Hate them! I hate them even more when they are about me!
Here's the deal... If you want to start a rumor, do your research and get the facts. Then, you're in the clear if it backfires on you because you were telling the truth or you had a reason to believe it's true. Or, if you don't do your research, make sure you tell the person you are spreading the rumor to that you don't know whether anything is true and that you are full of it.
The worst thing about rumors is that they destroy reputations and discredit individuals. Did they do something to you? Did you think before you opened your mouth? What was the basis of the rumor? What caused you to start it? Did you think about the consequences it could have on someone? Did it make you feel good? And why would you think it was true when it isn't?! Honestly, if you are going to spread a rumor, at least have some portion of the truth in it that maybe got exaggerated by it being spread.
I would never repeat something that I didn't think was true and I'd put you in your place if I knew it was incorrect. I don't deserve the this ridiculous rumor. If you're spreading it, do me a favor and stop.







No comments:
Post a Comment