I've been gone for yet again a long time, but I'm back, at least for tonight.
But, we did it. We got loaded up in to a truck, drove 17 hours, traveled 1,000 miles, and ultimately arrived at our new home in Indiana.
The move was not without adventure, but it was all fun. To start, the packers showed up and thought it would be a good idea to throw the boxes through the window. Because they weren't loading the truck until the next day, the lead packer told me I should let the loaders know they might try moving me out my window. When they arrived the next day, I told them to try the window. They did. It worked! Almost every. single. piece of furniture and box was moved out my window. It was a first for me. And I quickly learned that in 13 years of moving people, it was a first for them too.
![]() |
| Moving out the window - From the outside |
![]() |
| Moving out the window - From the inside |
![]() |
| An empty house/kitchen |
It took about 4 hours to load the truck, much quicker than through the hallway and stairs. At 12:30 I hit the road, said my final goodbyes, and met Auntie O in Stamford, CT where she was working for the day. We drove to Philly and munchkin and I spent the night at her house.
Sanity was sent via express mail and we hit the road around 8am the next day. We had 533 miles to go to get to my friend's house in Ohio. I'm so incredibly proud and happy to report that munchkin was beyond fabulous! I mean, no crying, whining, nothing! The only thing she always wanted for the 9 hour trip was our dog, Charlie, in her lap. He didn't mind!
We had a lovely evening with my friend and her family and hit the road around 10:30 the next day. It wasn't long before we left our 7th state (Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio) and entered our final state of Indiana.
We arrived at our new home, a hotel not too far from work, around 1:15.
It's already been an amazing adventure and many more posts to come... including one about my search to find my dream home!
Thanks for all the well wishes as we made our journey to our new home!












xoxo! Glad you girls made it there safely!
ReplyDelete