Sunday, June 24, 2012

House Hunt

When I moved, I knew I'd be purchasing a house.  You know, my dream house.  Despite losing more money than I ever thought imaginable, I'd been saving to buy a new house and I really didn't care how much I lost on my old place.  

I had a realtor all lined up when I arrived.  We (me and my wonderful, patient mom) started on Monday and we looked at over 20 houses in two days.  Yes, over 20!  By the end we had narrowed it down to four houses.  Wednesday, I put an offer in on a house.  I really liked it and loved the neighborhood.  It had a beautiful backyard but needed a fence (it was on a small lake) and some paint.  They had  left in a hurry and did a horrible paint job including getting it all over the ceiling and then covering it with non-matching white paint.  My offer was unique in my requests, but totally reasonable.  I got extremely lucky.  Someone else put in an offer the next day.  When they countered to me, it wasn't enough.  I rejected the counter and moved on.

My next favorite house should have been my favorite in the beginning.  It's just perfect!  Absolutely no work needed and has 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.  It has a fenced yard and the neighborhood comes complete with a great playground.  This... This is my soon to be house...

I had the home inspection already and it went great!  No problems at all! 

So I close in just a few weeks.  Then it's time to make this house a home.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments