Monday, April 11, 2011

Talking Behind Backs...

Here's my thoughts on talking behind someone's back...

Guess what, someone is always going to be trash talking you.  As much as you are an amazing, wonderful, grateful, and giving person, someone has something bad to say about you.  Sorry, it's life and human nature.  Have you ever talked bad about someone?  Yea, me too.

But, if you are going to talk badly about someone, don't later tell them to clear your conscious or to simply let them know (which I don't quite understand).  And if someone trusted you and just wanted to vent, let them vent, state how you feel to give them a new perspective, and keep it to yourself.  Especially don't tell someone you're talking trash in an untactful nonchalant way.  Guess what, you've hurt their feelings. 

So many times we need to vent and talk to trusted friends.  When I do, I know that most of the time I feel better and get over the reason why I'm upset and get back to being the best of friend I can be.  If you are a true friend, you'll talk to the person you are upset with instead of going to someone else.  With that said, I know that in the past I've been frustrated, upset, and even mad at someone without a truly justifiable reason - a quick statement they meant nothing by, blowing me off on plans, or someone just downright stupid.  I'll talk to my best friend about it, get over it, and go back to being a good friend.  Later down the road, I might tell them about it, but only when we can have a good laugh.  I try to only talk to someone else about a problem when I don't have a true reason to be upset.  Or if I do have a reason to be mad yet once I take in to consideration someone's personal situation, I shouldn't be as mad but still need to talk to someone else about it.  Does that even make sense?

Today, someone blatantly stated that they had been talking trash about me behind my back like it was no big deal.  In fact, they were talking about what a horrible mood I've been in recently - guess what, I'm now in a worse mood!  The good news, most of me couldn't care less!  The other part of me asks why they didn't just come and say "snap out of it" or "go take a break" or more importantly "what's wrong and can I do anything?"

Gotta love the trash talk... Trust me, if I've got something to say, I'm most likely going to say it to your face.  If it's not justified, I'll talk to my very best of friends only about it and call it a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments