Verb:
| 1. Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound 2. Complain in a feeble or petulant way. Noun: 1. A long, high-pitched complaining cry 2. A long, high-pitched unpleasant sound 3. A complaining tone of voice 4. A feeble or petulant complaint Given these somewhat harsh definitions, I hate to call what Katarina is doing as "whining," but let's be honest... She is! All. The. Time. It's so hard to listen to, but then I remember, it must be just as hard for her. She's having a really hard time talking (we're doing speech therapy now) so her way of getting something is to whine. The speech therapist told me that as much as "everyone" (in "" because I know not everyone is doing this, but it feels like it) thinks she's just not talking because she doesn't feel like it, the reality is she actually isn't capable of saying words. Me holding out for her to say "cup" before I give her milk is doing absolutely no good - because she can't say the word "cup." Instead, she whines. She points. She cries. She breaks down and throws herself on the ground. Now, I'm not giving her enough credit here. She doesn't do the freak out, throw herself down, crying, two year old tantrum too much, but on occassion, it's happened. And I feel bad for her. It must be so tough to not be able to communicate. I think about how many people don't properly communicate, and they have the ability to speak, type, and use a phone. Poor sweet girl... Here's to hoping for more words soon! |







I'm sorry to hear that you guys are having a tough time :( I never understood what speech delays were or how they are diagnosed. Is it due to a hearing issue or what? Sorry to ask. You can ignore the questions.
ReplyDeleteTotally off topic but she is ADORABLE! Love the picture!