A long overdue Thursday Thought (of course not on a Thursday)
Upon immediately waking up, sometimes you know it's going to be a rough day. This isn't because something bad is actually going to happen. In fact, so many times it's just because you're in a bad mood. As they say - Waking up on the wrong side of the bed...
This happens to me sometimes. He's called the Monster. Yup, he's got a name. The good news? It doesn't happen too often. The better news? I know it... quickly! The best news? I tell people to watch out! I mean, what's better than fair warning that you're dealing with a ranting lunatic?
You see, I'm a red head. Now, I hate to speak in general terms because there are always exceptions, but I've yet to find an exception to this one... Red heads... Have. A. Temper! It's called.... you guessed it... a "red headed temper." Go ahead, ask one about it. If you find a red head that says to you, "Nah, I never completely fly off the handle in a fit of red headed rage," then please, send them my way to share their secret!
So why is this a Thursday Thought and not just one of my typical rants? I guess because sometimes we forget that people can just have a bad day. Not because of something you did, but because it just happens. We can't all wake up and look outside and think "This day is going to be the best day of my life." The more we recognize this and try to work with someone who's having a bad day, the better day we'll have and maybe make that person's day a little brighter.
My suggestion, know who you're dealing with! Me? Depending on who you are, a good joke helps. Or reminding me of a funny time we had together. How can you make it worse? Pushing my buttons! Remember my post on battles? Yea, well if I'm in a bad mood, pick wisely! If it's not worth the argument, then don't pick it.
So just keep this in mind next time someone gets an unfair attitude with you. Maybe they just need some space. Don't judge them for it, they're doing the best they can.








I get like that once a month. About a week before "that time of the month" I wake up full of rage and I can literally feel myself being a bitch to everyone, but have little or no control over it.
ReplyDelete