When two years ago I was asked to give a hand hug, I gave a blank stare that screamed, "SAY WHAT??" When I was showed what it was, I was totally creeped out.
Now, I'm not only using the hand hug, I'm a promoter of it! I'm sorry, but this thing is awesome. The initial creeped out response is shared by all, but then you fall in love with it and want to share it with everyone!
This is what you do...
1. Put hand up in the air with all fingers together as if about to say "hi"
2. Separate thumb from the rest of your fingers and hold out to the side (like you're making an "L" or "J" depending on the hand)
3. Have your friend, who you are giving a hand hug to, do the same thing
4. Place hands together as if giving a "high five" with fingers straight up and thumbs off to the side for both of you
5. "Hug"your friend's hand with your thumb
Now, you don't have to stop there. Feel free to name your hand during this process and give him/her some personality. Should your friend refuse the hug, your hand should become depressed and sad. Or happy when someone reciprocates the love!
And there you have it... the hand hug...
Enjoy!








Haha - I've never heard of that and think I'd feel weird doing it :)
ReplyDelete