I've been such a bad blogger lately! I find myself with a lack of content or too busy. Last week though, it was just too damn beautiful outside to be inside typing on my computer.
But I do have some thoughts. You see, some people like to bring up the past. And guess what, it's the past for a reason. It's supposed to be back there, not up here. Not in the present. Not in my future. Yup, I've learned, but I've also moved on. In fact, I think I'm pretty amazing in that department. I'm great at forgetting the bad. I really couldn't care less what you did to me last week, I care what you did today and the person you are now.
But of course when someone brings up the past you do have a twinge of pain, but it passes quickly. Remember my "Reminder From The Past?" Yea, probably not. It was a long time ago. It remains even longer ago, but still some people like to bring it up. The good news, I just don't care. It doesn't bother me, however it does make me ask, why? Why are you bringing this up? Why do you think it matters? Why do you think I still care?
Well, I've decided it's because they need to talk about it. They know I don't need to, it doesn't effect me. They need to remember what happened and where we are now because of it. somehow, it effected them too. I still don't completely get it, but I'm learning to not tell them there's no need to discuss it. I'm learning to just let them talk. If it makes them feel better, that's just fine by me!
I'm not sure if this is someone's quote or if I just made it up myself, but "Living in the past limits your future..." Yea, that pretty much sums it up.







No comments:
Post a Comment