It's been crazy, no insane, these past couple weeks.
Now don't get me wrong, my life is always a crazy ride, so the fact that I'm saying it was insane, means really insane.
Amongst being very busy at the place that pays my bills, we've also done a bit of traveling. We spent a weekend down in Newport watching some amazing rugby. My sister was refereeing and afterwards got promoted to T-Panel! For those of you not familiar with rugby, it means she's big time now! In fact, she was on national television last weekend refereeing the Collegiate 7's. She was the red head with the amazing flag snap when someone scored. Congrats O!
For the beginning of Memorial Day weekend, Auntie O, Jim, Katarina, and I went to The Sagamore Resort at Lake George. WOW! It was like heaven on earth. Beautiful views, great weather, and lots of time spent at the pool and blowing bubbles!
We then headed to Hearthstone Point Campground with our friends Aly and Nick and met new friends Rachel, Chris, and Maddie! I have to say, camping with a kid is actually a great experience! No really, Katarina loved it and we had so much fun! It's such a great time hanging out with nature and getting a good nights rest underneath the stars. Many thanks to Rachel for providing lots of food for Katarina, who had a new found appetite for blueberries. Also, many many thanks to Aly for her amazing kid entertainment skills, Nick for getting a new "baba" for Katarina just like Auntie O's and a chair for Katarina, which she is now completely obsessed with, and to Jim, who carried Katarina up the mountain because I'm slightly (ok, big time) out of shape!
After our Memorial Day adventures, Liz and I went up to good ole' St. Lawrence University! Long drive (especially with child), but well worth it, especially since this was only my second visit since I graduated 7 years ago. I got to catch up with my old roommate Mary, her hubby, and her sweet 2 month old boy Luke! He's so precious and they are an absolutely amazing family! Mary is an incredible mother and Bryan is a wonderful father. They are the sweetest family and I'm so happy for them!
Isn't he just the cutest!
After my return from SLU, there was a huge mill fire about 400 yards away. It was absolutely awful and the building was entirely destroyed, but thankfully no one was hurt. We lost power for the night and it smelled something awful outside, but we're safe and sound!
And now it's time for another week of adventures!







No comments:
Post a Comment