Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

I don't recall pumpkin carving much as a kid.  I know we probably did it when we were younger, but our costumes were so amazing and elaborate (thanks Mom for hand making them) that I don't know we had much spare time to cut open pumpkins.  Plus, it can make quite a mess!

Well, tonight we started to process of carving out a pumpkin for tomorrow night.  I say "started" because all we did was get the guts out...




Luckily, my friend Liz is experienced in removing pumpkin guts and prepared with laying newspaper all around to help with clean up. 

The munchkin absolutely loved it!  At first she was a little timid...


 but before I knew it, she was elbow deep in the pumpkin making sure every last seed was removed.




To celebrate the finalization of the pumpkin being de-gutted, we had a little cupcake - orange one of course!


Tomorrow night before we head out to Trick Or Treat, we'll be carving the front with a scary design and putting it on the front steps!

What's your favorite pumpkin carving adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments