Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Thursday Thoughts
I'm thinking I'm going to start what I'll call "Thursday Thoughts." Now, we all know how much I'm sporadic about posting, so I'm just going to do this whenever I get a thought worth sharing - even if it's not on a Thursday. Here's my challenge to everyone. Don't stoop to their level. Yes, we've all heard it before, mostly from our parents. You know the time that you're friend pushed you around and then you pushed back and then your mom yelled at you and said that you shouldn't have stooped to their level? Yea, that's what I'm talking about. I can think of a few, ok, a couple hundred times, that I would freak out about something and argue with someone about something stupid - or significant. This happened a lot with Katarina's father. He would do something ridiculous and I would completely rip him a new one. You know what pissed me off the most, he wouldn't listen and would just stand there without responding and giving in to my anger. He wouldn't stoop to my level and give me the arguement I was looking for - well, maybe that was a little bit of a bad example, but you know what I mean. I've learned the value of this - I learn more and more each day about how important it is to be the bigger person. To pick your battles carefully - fight what's worth fighting and let the other stuff go. It's not worth it. Be nice. Don't put people down. The person that is constantly making you feel like a bad person is not your friend, but they are also not your enemy. It's not worth being mean back just because you don't like the way they are treating you. I'm not saying don't stick up for yourself, I'm just saying that you should be the bigger person. This is so hard to do sometimes - especially when you really just want to explain why - but if you know that they will never understand, don't push it. Let them say the harsh words and walk away knowing that you have more respect for yourself and other people not to treat them the same way. You are a better person for it.
Labels:
Thursday Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment