She's the sweetest person and so giving. I absolutely love her and she was always there throughout my entire pregnancy - in other words, she's very dear to me.
Well, we got to talking about how we never thought we'd end up where we are today. Life just didn't turn out as we planned it. A year ago, things were very different for her. Two years ago they were very different for me. Not better, just different. We've both struggled, she's still struggling, but she's strong and she's made all the right decisions in life, so I know things will get better.
We talked a lot about how time heals wounds and how the life experiences we've had make us so much stronger - they prepare us for the future and make us realize what we will not waiver on! Which leads us to...
...talking about the men in our lives. This is were we might as well be the same person. I've previously blogged about how I don't know how to date and those words remain true for both of us. We are your typical girl. Anything I write from here is not intended to be a blanket statement about women and our thought process. Everyone is different, but I find that some of my girlfriends will admit to this after a few drinks.
This is our take on men... Once we like you... We like attention. When we hang up on you, we want you to call back. We want you to call and text all day, every day. We want to be told we're beautiful - daily. We don't want any BS games, we aren't in high school any more. Either you like us, or you don't. If you like us, act like it.
We will want to you call you - a lot. Ok, not as much as this lady, but a lot. We know you have your phone on you, so answer it and text back. We are in fact waiting by the phone for a response.
If you don't like these things, then don't date me, or my friend Lee, or a lot of other women I know. We'll eventually get tired of the game and move on to someone else, because there is someone else out there that wants to treat us right.
There's something about this picture that cracks me up... She was bolting!







No comments:
Post a Comment