Katarina's beginning to talk... I think... No really, I think she's saying something!
At what point do you actually consider it a word. I mean, it comes out sort of kind of like what I'm saying, but if she didn't say it right after I did, I would have no idea what she was referring to. In fact, how would I even spell words like shoes when it comes out something like "oooos." So does that constitute a word?
What we can definitely say is "hi" and "buh bye." Those are down pat! And I've definitely heard a very distinct "paper." Now I must watch what I say... I mean really watch it! Talk about an embarrassing moment if your 1 1/2 year old child says something inappropriate at the worst possible moment!
Words are certainly better than the "point and grunt" we are currently doing. And I'd rather she stop pulling on the fridge door when she's hungry or yanking her jacket off the wall when she wants to go out and play. So bring on those words sweetheart!







No comments:
Post a Comment