Saturday, December 3, 2011

Santa Comes To Town On A Fire Truck

Last night, munchkin and I drove up to Auntie Liz's to see Santa.  He was visiting her town for the night and rollin' in on a fire truck!  Unfortunately, we got the time wrong and missed Santa "coming to town."  Didn't matter because we still had a great time and she even got to sit in the fire truck and "drive" it (nowhere). 



This adventure, however, was not the specific story we went home with...

There were TONS of middle schoolers there.  I can't blame them.  It was a fun, safe, friendly environment where parents could let their 10 - 14 year olds go and know nothing would happen.  But seriously, did I really act like that?  Yes, I probably did... ok, I know I did...

So Auntie Liz and I are walking hold each of munchkin's hands.  There's about a foot between us - just enough for the little one to fit between us.  This kid, about 12, comes running at us and runs right between us in to the little one.  He bounces back a little and then starts trying to run through us again!  HELLO!  There's a CHILD there!  We are NOT interested in playing a game of Red Rover Red Rover!

Well, Mama Bear here comes out!  I throw my hand out on his second attempt and I begin to yell "NO! STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" and block him from running in to her again.  Don't worry, she wasn't hurt in the slightest and didn't even seem to notice anything was going on.  The kid looked at me confused then looked down, realizes what he's done, and sheepishly apologized.  Poor kid, he just didn't see her, but really buddy, slow down!

So that was the fun for the night!  We had a fabulous time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments