Monday, January 3, 2011

Auntie Survived!

It's bitter sweet... a night off... a night without toddler...

My amazing sister offered to take Katarina for the night.  Not only offered, but insisted.  She absolutely did not have to do it, but she's amazing like that.  It consisted of me leaving for work at 7am and her watching munchkin from 7am Friday morning to 10am Saturday morning.  That's right, Auntie O cared for Katarina for 27 hours straight - and survived!

Not only did she watch her, she took her to her boyfriend's friend's house and they also have a little one so Katarina got to play all night with a new friend.  What a great treat!  What did I do with my night off?  Well, I went to dinner with a friend and then came back to my place for wine and t.v.  Even though it was New Years Eve, I knew I wouldn't make it to the strike of twelve (my fairy godmother warned me and there was no way my carriage was going to turn in to a pumpkin again) so my friend went out at about 10:30 and I hit the sack.

Oh how nice it was!  But I will admit, I missed my little one - A LOT!  And I think Auntie O realized how much work it is to have a munchkin.  The good news Auntie is that it's not like they start off walking and talking and getting in to things - it's a lot harder in the beginning because no sleep is involved (KIDDING.... kind of).

Much love to my sister for the night off!  Next step, a trip to Denver for some good ole' boarding!


1 comment:

  1. What an awesome sister :) You're so lucky to have her! Glad you had a nice New Year's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments