Sunday, January 30, 2011

Non-Perfect Self

 "No one really does it all. We all just try like heck to prioritize, be with our kids, furfil our hobbies, make a living, etc. We all do it differently, and every time you see a mama shining in one area, I promise you, there's shadowy areas that she'll need to tend to later. "
- Kelle Hampton

I'm just sayin', that's me!  Yup, I'm the girl that on the outside looks like I'm doing it all, but really, I'm hanging on many times by something smaller than a thread (because if I said a thread, I'd be saying I'm hanging on by more than I am).  

I'm sitting here trying to review, revise, rewrite, redo entirely the paper I spent hours on today.  The paper for school which I thought only had to be 3 pages and then suddenly I reread the syllabus and see it needs to be 5 pages.  Add in the fact that I haven't written a paper in 7 years (at least) and needless to say, it's still a "work in progress." 

And then I'm going to one of my favorite blogs Enjoying The Small Things and read the quote above.  I realize that I'm prioritizing constantly and the paper doesn't need to be perfect.  Nothing is perfect, including me - Thank Goodness!  I'd hate it if I was perfect, and you'd hate me too.  So while I might add in a sentence or two and do a tweek here and there, I'm going to call it quits on the school thing for the night.  And then tomorrow I'm going to wake up with the munchkin, get dressed, go to work, and then spend as much time as possible with my precious girl until 7:30 comes around and she's goes to bed.  Then I'll open up that text book again and finish the non-perfect paper, written by my non-perfect self and love every minute of every typo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments