I know that the card I received for Christmas from Katarina's father's sister-in-law was a popular post and feel the need to update everyone. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you can read about it here.
Someone once said to me that failure to make a decision is the same thing as making a decision. I'm not sure why, but this statement stuck with me and I always try to make a decision rather than failing to act. Unfortunately, I've done it again... I've failed to make a decision.
I tossed and turned for a long time about whether to respond to the card. In fact, I'm still tossing and turning over it. The good thing is that I know no matter how long I wait, there is still time to do something or to decide not to do anything.
Every day I drive by the exit for their house and many times I think I'll just stop by. And for once, I'm not just being stubborn over it, I'm just not sure it's the best thing to do. I'm trying to not be selfish and avoid sharing her. I'm also trying to protect her because no 18 month old is able to protect themselves. In fact, I don't know that she will ever be able to protect herself fully and I will always want to take care of her. I know that some day she's going to fall, fall hard, and I'm going to have to let her pick herself up. I also believe that day will be just as hard on her as it will be for me.
But for now, I'm going to continue to fail to make a decision and therefore make the decision not to respond. I hope they truly understand that I do think they are good people and maybe if the time is ever right, we will see them again.
Sending big hugs from the little munchkins to all creatures alike!







No comments:
Post a Comment