Thursday, January 13, 2011

Friendship

I'm a very fortunate person.  I mean, really fortunate!

On Sunday, I hung out with a very good friend of mine, Casey.  I met Casey almost 11 years ago and I can't believe it's been so long already.  She lived across the hall from me in college my freshman year.  There were 7 of us and we became very close friends and many of us stayed close for all 4 years and beyond.

Casey's also a red head!


Katarina absolutely loves her and immediately took to her when she doesn't with most people. 


It's so nice to be able to catch up with old friends and have a good laugh. 


That one makes me smile :-)

On the way home, I called a friend, Robin, that I haven't spoken to in way too long.  I've known her since I was 5 and it was great to catch up on our lives.  It's so amazing to have friends that no matter how long it's been, you can get together or have a phone conversation and not feel like too much time has past. 

I realized that the relationships we make help mold the person we are now.  And while at times it can be a long time in between those conversations, it's never too late to pick up the phone and call to just say "hi" and "I'm thinking of you."  It's also strange how you can feel like you catch up on other people's lives through those friends and how nice it is to hear about how everyone is doing and where life has taken them. 

A lot has happened since I left college and even more since I left Marietta, but somehow so little has changed about the person I am deep down.  To all my friends, new and old, thank you for always being there, even if it's just in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments