Saturday, November 19, 2011

Auntie O

Auntie O turned... well... another year older a few days ago.  About two weeks go I bought her birthday present and two cards - One from me, one from munchkin.  Munchkin's card was easy to write - place crayon in hand and write name.  Done!

But then, I sat down to write the card from me.  Where do I start?  How do you try and sum up in a 4x6 card how much someone means to you? 

Here's the deal... She's my BEST FRIEND!  I know you're sitting there going, duh, she's your sister.  But no, I mean best friend.  She's the one I call about everything.  You know that crazy story you've got, the very frustrated day you've had, and the guy that you're just starting to date that prompts you to call your best friend and tell the entire story, all three hours it takes, to?  The person I call?  O!  And I know she calls me too.

Yea, she's family, but she's also my voice of reason.  She's my sounding board.  She's the person that listened to me cry for HOURS when things weren't going well.  She's the first person I called when something spectacularly good happens.  She understands me more than anyone else I know.  Just yesterday she asked me if I was being the Grinch.  No one else noticed, but she could tell just by the sound of my voice that I was being a downer.

I never doubt that she'll be there for me.  She'll give up everything just to help me out, and I'd do the same for her.  She's strong, she's inspirational, she's amazing!  She's smart (I mean, way too smart for her own good), she's dedicated (to everything she does), she excels at everything she does because she deserves it and works hard.

She loves the little one too.  The. Best. Auntie!  She's the type of Auntie who comes in and creates complete chaos because munchkin loves it.  She spoils her (and me) beyond belief - because she wants to.  She's incredibly generous and puts others first.

I'm so lucky to have her and I love her dearly!

So, I'm not sure all of this will fit on her birthday card, but I'm gonna try...  or maybe I'll just keep it simple - I love you - and everything that goes along with those three simple words...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments