Monday, November 28, 2011

Thursday Thought - Friendships

Another edition of my (non) Thursday Thoughts...

I've been thinking a lot recently about friendship.  What it means.  What is signifies.  What friendship responsibilities are.

I used to think it was so important to have tons of friends - whether I admitted it out loud or not.  But I've found over time how much numbers, when it comes to friendships, just don't matter.  After the little one was born, I found myself not talking to as many friends.  Which friends?  The ones that never understood me and that I could no longer go out drinking with.  They are still amazingly wonderful people!  We just aren't the friends we used to be.  I also found myself even closer to my best of friends that have always been there.

The best of friendships means being able to tell the absolute worst thing you've ever done, and they totally get why you did it!  There's no judging.  They of course tell you what you should have done, but then they laugh with you about it.  Just last night this happened.  She got it... she always does.

And then there's the arguments.  Yes, they happen even with the best of friendships.  They suck.  But, you feel bad about the arguing.  And even if you are the most stubborn person in the world (me), you give in and just let it go or talk it out.  You forgive.  You forget.  You go back to the friendship that was always there before the argument, which will be there after it ends.

Life can be lonely sometimes - after all, it's lonely at the top.  But that very best friend that you talk to daily, or the one that you talk to once every two months, will always be there.  You can cry, you can laugh, you can be YOU.  Cherish every moment and forget how many Facebook friends you have or how many numbers are in your iPhone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments