Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Patience

Patience... My. Ass.

They say... "Patience is a virtue"... and "Children will teach you patience"...

Well where is it?  Because honestly somewhere between this morning and this afternoon I lost all sanity, and with it patience!

Let's see, this morning started with munchkin yelling at me to let her wear a pair of shoes that Does. Not. Fit.  They are one size too big.  Ok, fine.  You win.  You wear the stupid shoes that are too big.  It's not like they are too small or anything, so you'll survive.

Next, huge argument over which shoe to put on which foot.  I mean insisting the left shoe goes on the right foot and vice versa.  Ummm, not gonna happen.  I mean, I've already taken you to school once with two left shoes on in totally different colors.  I'm trying to avoid this again.

Fight somehow ends, I'm not sure I won.  Then we move on to refusing to get up off the floor.  I mean r-e-f-u-s-i-n-g.  So I stand there.  Staring.  Stupidly I thought this would change something.  She certainly didn't care one bit.  My hands are full of stuff so I can't carry her. 

Next plan of attack, tell her I'm leaving.  She'll want to come with, right?  Nope, could not care less.  More staring.  Patience. Running. Thin.

Somehow finally get in car (still not sure how).  Now, the daily fun part.  Every single day I go left out of my complex.  Left goes to the daycare and work.  Right goes no where important.  I rarely go right.  Now apparently we need to go right.  Every damn day I listen to "this way" along with a hand pointing right.  When I try to explain we need to go left it does not work.  So I then listen to screaming for about a minute over the fact I went left.... again (and I'll do it again tomorrow).

(Insert working all day here)

Rush to pick up munchkin... and running late.

Munchkin gets excited to see me - woo hoo, she still likes me!  Ok, let's go home.  No dice.  None.  Nada.  Not going.  Fit thrown now as I drag her out of the daycare.  Significant struggle to get her in the car - where are the days she can't get her arms out of the car seat straps before they're tightened?  Ends in her hitting me and a stunned looked on my face.  I say nothing, just stunned and shocked and disappointed she did it. 

I refuse to yell at her or acknowledge her action.  Because of this, she feels bad and continues to scream the entire way home "MAMA"!


After screaming, insert series of "this way's" here because she doesn't want to eat at home - sweetheart, I have no money to eat out with.  We eat at home every night.  This is not new.  Tomorrow we will eat at home again.  And the next day.  Sorry, we are not going "this way."

Ok, now let's scream in the parking lot after getting out of the car.  Why?  Got me!

Finally, in the house.  Now let's scream about "eat, eat."  I can not make water boil faster for spaghetti.  I'm sorry, I just can't make it boil faster.

Ok, time to eat.  Bath.  Pjs. 

Now finally, watching TV. 

So let me ask you... when can I get an extra dose of patience because mine is wearing thin.  Very. Very. Thin!

I'm hoping a nice cold beer later will help me find my sanity again...


Best part is... we get to do it all over again tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. *virtual hug*....my days are almost identical. Funny how 2 year olds have a mind of their own....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments