I'm honored to call myself a sorority girl. Not just any sorority, Chi Omega! One of the largest woman's organization.
This weekend, I got to travel up to my Alma Mater for my house's 30th reunion. It took seven hours each way, but munchkin was so good. We even went through a snow storm each way, but it wasn't too bad - I think the worst of it came through right after we got there.
I'm sure we've all looked upon past years and gotten that warm and fuzzy feeling. That's what my two years in Chi O were like. I lived in the house. Yes, I lived with 30 some-odd girls and loved every minute.
What this weekend reminded me what amazing friends I have in my sisters. We laughed so hard reminiscing about old loves, hilarious jokes, nicknames, and just general stupid things we did.
We're pretty luck to have each other... The Chi Omega Symphony... the words that say it all...
To live constantly above snobbery of word or deed; to place scholarship before social obligations and character before appearances; to be, in the best sense, democratic rather than 'exclusive', and lovable rather than 'popular'; to work earnestly, to speak kindly, to act sincerely, to choose thoughtfully that course which occasion and conscience demand; to be womanly always; to be discouraged never; in a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my Fraternity and her highest teachings and to have her welfare ever at heart that she may be a symphony of high purpose and helpfulness in which there is no discordant note.
Ethel Switzer Howard, Xi Chapter, Northwestern University, 1904







hahahahahahahahahahahaha love it, big :) it was so great to see you!
ReplyDeleteOMg So weird I was just going through some old pics in an album I found in my closet and it was full of CHi O pics, and lots of me and you too! Hah I should scan them!
ReplyDelete