I was so good! I mean really really good! I'd say time for bed, and she'd go crawl in her bed and lay down. No questions ask.
We'll seven months ago we switched to a toddler bed. It was fine. Of course there were a few bumps along the way, but in general, she stayed in her bed. If she did get up in the middle of the night, I'd put her right back down. It took about 10 seconds for her to go back to sleep (which meant more sleep for me).
Now?!? Now it's not so pretty. Now I'm about to lose it.
Every. Single. Night she gets up. I blame Muzzy and Boo because over Christmas break they let her sleep with them. Actually, Boo let her fall asleep in the bed and then put her in her own bed and then Muzzy let her come to the bed in the middle of the night.
She screams! SCREAMS! And then comes to my bed and crawls in. And if that wasn't bad enough, she brings with her three blankets and at least one stuff animal.
Are you kidding me?
Don't misunderstand me - I have no problem with people who choose to co-sleep. It's great if that's what they want to do. But me? Nope, not interested. She has her own bed and that's where I want her to sleep.
So how in the world am I supposed to break this habit? I'd be one thing if I could remotely function at night, but I can't. And she screams so horribly there's no telling what the neighbors are saying. Someone's got to have a good idea on how to easily break this habit!








I was having issues with Mason wanting to be rocked to sleep (not my idea of fun) and I borrowed a book from a friend authored by someone calling herself "The Sleep Lady" can't think of the name of the book though. VERY helpful!
ReplyDeleteAidan has never slept in our bed, but I did find out that when Mason fussed at my in-laws while we were at Disney they brought him into bed with them. Luckily he's young enough that it didn't really affect him too much. But it sucks when someone ruins your parenting routine.
Good luck Mama!
This may not work for you, but here's what I did with my youngest (now 4). He would call for me every night. Every. Single. Night. Neither of my kids were allowed in my bed - EVER, but I would grab my pillows & a blanket and go sleep on the floor in his room on the floor. I didn't mind doing it and it kept him in his own bed.
ReplyDelete