I just blogged about my sorority reunion and remembered a rather funny story and thought I'd share...
My sorority was right next to the ATO fraternity. I mean, literally, next door. It was always fun having them there and a lot of the girls dated their guys. A few of them are even married now!
But with many college organizations of this nature, there are bound to be some shenanigans.
One of which is this one (and I'm so bummed I don't have all my pictures! I went to college in the days before digital)...
| Yup, that's the fire alarm... but did we pull it? |
It was ATO's rush time so they had this enormous fabric sign made. It was huge to the point where you had to hang it from a second story balcony to see the whole thing. One day, I decide I'm going to steal it (with a friend of course because stealing fabric with spray paint isn't fun unless someone is there to enjoy it with you).
We somehow get in to the house, capture the sign and get out the door. I think I peed a little bit laughing so hard during this entire process. So we're out the door, running as fast as humanly possible and then it happens. Out of NOWHERE, I'm flat on my back. I can't breathe, I feel like I've been hit by a truck and I'm laying on the ground. Just laying there. With no idea how this happened.
I somehow gather my feet and as I'm trying to breathe again I'm limp/walk/run back to the house. Still. In. Pain.
What happened? How did I end up on the ground with no explanation? Well..
Turns out the boys had put up a metal wire that ran between two trees. Since it was dark and the trees were not exceptionally close together, I ran right in to it and knocked myself right on my bottom! Clothes. Lined!
Had it been three inches higher, I'd probably have major neck injuries. Instead, I ended up with two HUGE bruises on my upper arm on each side just below my shoulders. I mean HUGE! Try explaining that one to your professor the next day in class!
But... I got my sign, took my picture with it (and other pictures of the bruises because they had already formed within about 10 minutes) and then promptly returned it. After all, I just wanted to prove I was capable of taking it, not actually keep the ugly thing...
| the evidence |
Hope this made you chuckle... dang I wish I could find those pictures of my bruises!







LMAO!!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wish I went away to college. Part of me thinks that I really missed out by not partaking in things like this, but then I think about all the money I saved by living at home with my parents and going to Bridgewater State, that I guess I can live with it. LOL.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH I had no idea you did that. That's hilarious!!!!
ReplyDelete