Saturday, July 23, 2011

Two Weeks Alone

Don't judge me... I say this because everyone that I've told this to gets a look of shock on their face and can't understand how I could do such a thing.  Remember... Single motherhood means no break!  And without family around, it means NO BREAK!

About five months ago my mom called me with a huge request.  She asked if she could take Katarina for two weeks this summer.  They would head to Alabama where my mom (Muzzy) lives and then probably head to Florida where my dad (Papa) lives.  At first all I could think was TWO WEEKS!?!  Are you nuts?  I'm not being without my little girl for two whole weeks!

As time went on and I thought about it I realized that it is entirely unfair and selfish of me to not allow Katarina to go have a great time down south.  It wouldn't be fair to her to miss out on such good times.  After all, we live on a huge lake in Alabama and have a few boats and Katarina loves to swim.  Papa lives on the Gulf of Mexico and she loves the beach (just like Momma).

So last week, Muzzy flew in and stayed for a couple days and flew back to Alabama, with Katarina, on Tuesday.  I've been without her for 4 days already.  Wanna know what I've been doing with all this extra time?  Working - lots.  And sleeping - lots.  And what am I doing on this Saturday - nothing, absolutely nothing... and I'm slightly bored. 

The good news is that I was able to open a book again.  A book that I started the first week in May and haven't had time to finish.  And I went out to breakfast this morning to a place I haven't gotten to go to since I was pregnant.  And I went for a long run, sans stroller, one night this week. 

And the best news is that Katarina hasn't stopped swimming and having fun since she got to Alabama.  She's having an absolute blast!

So for the next 11 days, I'm going to be a little bored, but a much needed bored.  Then... I'm heading to Alabama for my two weeks of fun! 

Here's one some pictures of one of our last activities before she left on vacay... fingernail and toenail painting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Me...

Reply To Comments